Windows 11 was officially launched on October 5, 2021. The latest version brought one of the most awaited features – Android emulation enabling Android users to run their apps on PCs.
You can download the apps from the Amazon store and get them working. Though the system does not feature all the apps, it’s working to include more applications for you to install your favorite ones.
We’ll discuss how to set up your windows to install and use the available apps.
Check Your System for a Few Requirements
First off, your system needs to meet a few requirements to get Windows 11. These include:
RAM: 4 GB
Processor: Minimum 1GHz with two or more cores (on 64-bit processor)
TPM: Version 2.0 of TPM (Trusted Platform Module)
System firmware: Secure Boot capable, UEFI
Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX12
Storage: 64GB or more
Internet connection: Windows 11 requires a Microsoft account and internet connection
Display: 720 p display more than 9” diagonally
Windows version: Windows 10 (2004) or later
You can check your PC for these specifications by heading to the About section in Windows Settings. Then, click on the System tab to read the information.
Update Your System
To begin with, you need to make sure you have the latest version of Windows 11 installed on your PC.
- Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
- Click Update and Security.
- Select Check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click Install updates.
- After the update, choose OS build info by scrolling down.
- OS build number should at least be xxx.
Set Up Your Accounts
For the second step, you have to gain access to your windows and amazon account. Here’s how you can do that.
You need a Windows account to sign up for a Windows Insider. Make sure that your updated channel is Beta. This is important as only Beta users can access the android app store currently.
Nonetheless, Microsoft will make it available for all the Windows 11 users out there.
An Amazon account is required to log in to the app store to download the applications. So, if you do not have one, you won’t be able to install any apps.
Sign up for an amazon account to gain access to the Amazon app store.
Download Android App Store
Once you’ve signed up for an Amazon account, you need to head over to the Windows Store and proceed further.
- Search Amazon Appstore and click on the blue Install
- Once downloaded, choose Set Up.
- Here you’ll see the pop-up Get your PC ready for the Amazon Appstore; click on the Download tab below.
- Once your Windows Subsystem for Android downloads, reboot your system and apply the changes.
Set the App Store
Before downloading the apps, you would need to set up the App Store. Here’s how you can do it.
- Select Amazon Appstore from the Start Menu.
- To log in, enter your account credentials.
- As soon as you log in, you’ll see a homepage with several apps.
Get the Apps
Follow the steps below to install apps on your Windows 11.
- Type the name of the app you want to download in the search bar.
- Once the app opens, click on Get to download it on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, you’ll be able to see the app under the Start Menu, just like other Microsoft apps.
Android Apps You Can Install On Windows 11
Currently, there are only 50 applications available on the Amazon App store. You can download games like June’s Journey, Lords Mobile, Coin Master, and other apps like Lego Duplo World, Khan Academy Kids, and Kindle.
Major apps like YouTube and Gmail are presently missing because of the absence of Google Services in the setup.
Running android apps on Windows 11 felt like a dream. However, Microsoft has bridged the gap between Android and Windows.
Though the available apps are limited, users are optimistic that more apps will be available in the future.