Since most of us keep our devices logged in to our Wi-Fi network, we tend to forget it. Even worse, we might not have it written down somewhere.
If your PC is already connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’re in luck. However, if you’ve reset your device or have a guest over who needs your Wi-Fi password, you might feel stuck.
Thankfully, your Windows 11 keeps a record of all the networks connected to it in the past. There are several ways to see a Wi-Fi password on Windows 11. Read below to find out.
See Wi-Fi Password On Windows 11 via Control Panel
On your Windows 11, click go to the start menu and follow the instructions below.
- Type Control Panel and select it.
- Open Network and Internet.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Select your Wi-Fi name next to Connections in the network and sharing center.
- Choose Wireless Properties in Wi-Fi Status.
- Once wireless properties open, click on the Security tab and select Show characters.
That’s it! Your Wi-Fi password will be displayed in the Network Security tab.
Find Wi-Fi Password On Windows 11 via Settings
From using the clipboard to changing the system language to updating the Windows, you can do it all from Windows 11 Settings app. The app comes in handy for finding information related to Wi-Fi too.
- Open the Settings app by clicking Windows + I
- Click the Network and Internet to enable Wi-Fi.
- Select the active Wi-Fi connection.
- To open Wi-Fi network properties, choose Wireless Properties.
- Click on the Security tab and check the Network Security key characters to view your password.
View Wi-Fi Password On Windows 11 Using Command Prompt
To view your Wi-Fi password using the command prompt, type the command prompt in the start menu and follow the steps below.
- Run the Command Prompt to view Wi-Fi Password on Windows 11.
- After that, run the command “netsh WLAN show profile “Wi-Fi NAME” key=clear” to see your password.
- Now, replace the Wi-Fi name with the active Wi-Fi name.
- The command will display all the information about the Wi-Fi and the password.
Use a Third-Party App
Several free applications can help you find your Wi-Fi password. All you need to do is install the application on your Windows 11 and get it working. You can use one or the other app for that purpose.
Wi-Fi Password Revealer
Wi-Fi Password Revealer allows you to view passwords of all the networks your Windows 11 was connected to in the past.
All you need to do is download the application. Once the application installs, run it, and it’ll reveal the password for you.
WirelessKeyView is yet another free application with a simple interface. The application gets downloaded in a .zip file.
You need to unzip it and launch the program. Once you run the app, it’ll display a list of all the saved networks, including the Wi-Fi password.
Losing a Wi-Fi password might freak you out, especially if you haven’t written it down somewhere. Nonetheless, a few methods discussed above can help you find it in no time.